Monday, August 11, 2008

Bud Billiken




What a crazy-fun weekend!!!!1 I went to the Bud Billiken Parade on the South Side with my friend Tom and we had a blast. Its this huge parade in Chicago and Tom told me that it is the second largest parade in the Country. He is sooo smart he always knows things like that. Bud Biliken is this fictional character that was created to make kids go to school and get along, very amazing and I hear it works really well in Chicago Public Schools. Anyway, we hung out there all day and watched all of the amazing floats go by, everyone dancing and holllering very loudly. Forrest Whitaker was there but no Obama, who was the general marshal or whatever you call it last year. Apparently, a bunch of cars were towed and two kids got shot, but those sorts of things happen all the time in Chicago. Here is a funny movie a friend sent me;

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rexy has been playing why isn't he updating!?